Passing Show DVD

Passing Show DVD

Postby Faces Fan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:23 pm

Does anyone here know how I can get a press copy of the Ronnie Lane DVD? I've been to Eagle Rock Entertainment's site, but they don't have any press contacts. I'd like to do a review of the DVD. I did a long-form piece on the Five Guys box set that appears elsewhere on this site. Much thanks.
Faces Fan

Postby mcnarie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:53 pm

It's going to be released in a few days. I'm updating the site to reveal such as we speak.

Kent B has been instrumental in keeping me updated on this, as I haven't talked to Rupe since probably July; my lack of a good computer has detained me from updating the site regularly.
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby Darinagh » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:46 am

Hi,

I can send you a copy of The Passing Show for review. Could you please get in touch and we can arrange that.

Thank you,

Darinagh
Darinagh

Postby Darinagh » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:48 am

The DVD is also available in music shops and online at Eagle Rock, Amazon and Play.com

It will be released in US on 7th Nov

Darinagh
Darinagh

Postby filstan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:50 am

Just received the new dvd in the mail Friday and I was needless to say very excited to get this. Watched it last night with my wife and we both agreed it was very well done. Not that it runs short, but I just wished it would have gone on longer! I can watch material like that for hours and hours just riveted to the screen. If you are a fan of Ronnie Lane, The Small Faces, or the Faces this is a must have. I especially liked the segments that are narrated by Glyn Johns. You know he just loved being around Ronnie and had great respect for him. Wish there had been some interviews with Woody or Stewart. Maybe they were asked and were not able to get it done somehow. Woody though should have been in there. Watching this film reaffirms why I loved the Faces so much and went to so many shows when they would come to town. They were one good rockin outfit and always sent you home with a smile on your face.
filstan

Postby filstan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:52 am

By the way I bought my copy via Amazon.com and had it pre-ordered.
filstan

Postby mcnarie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:54 am

The film, with all recorded content from interviews, could have run into the hudreds of hours.

There is a reason Willie Nelson opens a show with "Whiskey River."
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby filstan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:55 pm

Please understand, I just didn't want it to end. As a fan I just loved watching this story. I lived it to a degree and to now be able to experience it via a dvd at home is very gratifying. I praise the producers for getting this project together. It made some old fans very happy.
filstan

Postby London Rascal » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:16 am

Mine comes in the post tomorrow!

*Jumps up and down like an excited kid on Christmas Eve*

I might take the day off work, get pissed up, watch it several times over, dance around and accidently break some furniture.

Then do it all over again the next day.
Win or lose, on the booze!
London Rascal

Postby filstan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Yea, I couldn't help myself and watched the first half again today when I got home from work before attending to chores. You will love this film!
filstan

Postby Faces Fan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 pm

Just got the DVD. What a fantastically moving tribute. Does anyone know more about the origins of the Ronnie Lane mobile studios, when it first came together, etc? Who all made use of it? Besides Ronnie and co. I believe Zeppelin recorded parts of Physical Graffiti with the mobile. Just curious.
Faces Fan

Postby London Rascal » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:15 am

I think the LMS ended its life by being vandalised by punks in Loughton (Punks in Loughton ??? LMAO) when the Majic Mijits album was recorded.

Its's a brilliant tribute, I could personally watch all the hundreds of hours of interviews without getting bored of course.

Many many thanks to all involved.

When's the DVD of all Ronnies live performances comming out? :)

The DVD has been placed on a shelf above all other DVD's in my collection in homage.
Win or lose, on the booze!
London Rascal

Postby mcnarie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:55 pm

LMS (Lane Mobile Sound) was built in the early 70s. While the rest of the band pilfered money on cars and houses, Ronnie built this. Zep used it, Townshend, the Who, Stones, Bad Company. All sorts of bands used it.

Ask Chris, he and I started a list of albums where LMS was utilized.

In the end, I think insiders stole the lot and vandalized it, not 'punks'. It makes far more sense, concidering the circumstances.
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby brentb » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 am

Are the songs on the dvd complete performances or do they just cover a bit of them before the narration starts again?
It never gets any better. The best you can do is to slow done the rate at which it gets worse.
brentb

Return to Ronnie Lane