Ronnie Lane and Slim Chance and Gallagher & Lyle

Ronnie Lane and Slim Chance and Gallagher & Lyle

Postby Renfrew Buddie » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:13 pm

Does anyone ever remember a Slim Chance BBC show featuring Gallagher & Lyle ? I taped this show on cassette but lost the tape. G&L sung "I beleive in you" and RL intoduced them as "Benny Graham" and "Gallagher Lyle" . Dos anybody remember this ? Would die for a video of the show or bootleg ? Ah the memories !!!!

F
A 70's music dinosaur - still hates modern music, hates reality TV even more, loaths TV talent shows, getting better at DIY, supports a football team getting better (St Mirren FC) and still loves listening to Faces music.
Renfrew Buddie

Postby London Rascal » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:47 pm

Hi Renfrew, if you hurry up and look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Ce_g8DWd8

You can see Ronnie with Slim Chance and Gallagher 'n' Lyle doing the duties on accordian and Mandolin.

There was quite a lot of Ronnie on there untill recently but it was pulled due to legal bollocks. This may not be on there too long.

P.S. Ronnie's costers cap is the dogs danglies.
Win or lose, on the booze!
London Rascal

Postby Renfrew Buddie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Thanks but his looks like an old TOTP clip. What I recall was one of the BBC "in concert" type shows. Gallagher & Lyle sang one of their own songs "I beleive in you" in the set. Maybe I was dreaming.

F - RB
A 70's music dinosaur - still hates modern music, hates reality TV even more, loaths TV talent shows, getting better at DIY, supports a football team getting better (St Mirren FC) and still loves listening to Faces music.
Renfrew Buddie

Postby Shug » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm

The footage you talk about is from the BBC's In Concert programme.

The set-list was :

Last Orders Please
Done This One Before
Flags & Banners
Tell Everyone
How Come
Gallagher & Lyle Tune (which you mention)
Debris
Ooh La La.

So no, yer not going mad :)
Shug

Return to Ronnie Lane