Plonk on BBC2 last night

Plonk on BBC2 last night

Postby Sweet Lady Laney » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:44 am

Dear Everyone

*screams* OH MY GOD! IT WAS FANTASTIC!

Yes, and then I woke up from my highly perverted dream about Ronnie and a tub of chocolate chip ice cream and decided I'd watch him on The Whistle Test Years...

The year - 1975, so obviously, he had great hair, short and tousely, and oh you could just get lost in his sideburns!! And he was wearing, not the green trousers that had been predicted, but rather a very nice pair of extremely tight browny goldy shimmery type trousers (yes, fab description, I know...!), which kept me entertained no end. He had a major case of VPL, which also kept me entertained. He also wore a white long sleeved shirt, a waistcoat the same colour and material as the trousers, and a scarf (of COURSE!), which was red with white spots on it.

The song - You Never Can Tell. I've never heard anyone sing about ginger beer so nicely in my life. He growled and pouted and scowled and then smiled and giggled his way through the song as only Plonk can, so naturally I received quite a few text messages to remind me to breathe. Oh and I wished he wouldn't go "WOOH!" as often as he did, he was just being gorgeous on purpose to send me into a state of seizure and give me a hernia. *nods*

Well, on a more blokey type note so that Lynne and I aren't the only ones to get any benefit from this review... oh forget it. You know that Ronnie's wonderful and a fantastic performer, and that he sings like an angel. You don't need me to tell you that!

Anyway, apparently I have to go and do something constructive. I guess that means clean the kitchen. A woman's work is never done... Hmph.

Thanks for enduring the ramble

Spev xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ronnie, puffing like a blowfish, ambled backwards and forwards across the stage in his characteristic "Ronnie Lane Shuffle", laying down the solid and melodic bass lines that were the foundation to all of our songs, and singing so sweetly. - Mac McLagan
Sweet Lady Laney

Postby rupe » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:46 am

how did my phycic powers guess the wrong colour trousers, I'd say they were Bronze by the way Spev. I was right about everything else though, lovely little touch the bass player wearing a "Tetsu Faces" sweat-shirt.

more "boys" stuff (sorry Spev), did anyone notice he was playing Ronnie's old Zemaitis Tortoise?
rupe

Postby Sweet Lady Laney » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:08 am

Cheers for the intelligent stuff, Rupe. I was far too distracted by the bronzeness of Ronnie's trousers!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie, puffing like a blowfish, ambled backwards and forwards across the stage in his characteristic "Ronnie Lane Shuffle", laying down the solid and melodic bass lines that were the foundation to all of our songs, and singing so sweetly. - Mac McLagan
Sweet Lady Laney

Plonk on Video

Postby Passing Show Man » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:31 am

:( Sadness rules this morning finding out I missed the great man on the Whistle Test, teach me to read the papers and join the forum earlier.
Did anyone record it or have they any video footage of Plonk for sale, anything including the late great Passing Show. Any help would be most grateful will keep me off the beer (well slightly)
Passing Show Man

Postby Sweet Lady Laney » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:22 pm

I have a bit of Ronnie footage taped, just over two hours worth. You can buy Ronnie footage from the fantastically wonderous John Hellier (aka Mr Small Faces), his email addy is jjhellier@aol.com if you want further info.

Sorry, was that a plug? I was only trying to be helpful!

Oh, and don't keep off the beer when watching Ronnie. Ever. He'd appreciate it more if you watched him while pissed!!!!

Spev xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sweet Lady Laney

Postby Passing Show Man » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:09 pm

:D Sweet Laney Lady you are a star!!! will make contact, promise won't keep off the beer or the wine, infact having a glass or two now and listening to Tin and Tambourine.
You might be interested to know or then again possibly not that I am a free lance correspondant as one of my jobs and am currently interviewing a key figure from Ronnies sadly ill fated Passing Show and it will form the basis of a feature on the Passing Show to be featured on a website I write for within the next month or two, as it comes together I will keep this forum informed, but it will include a good number of photo's from that part of Ronnies life.

Cheers again Babe and I raise a glass to the great man, to Plonk God bless him and thank you for the music!!!
Passing Show Man

Postby Passing Show Man » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:10 pm

:( Sorry too much wine its Sweet Lady Laney Sorry
Passing Show Man

Postby Lynney » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:50 pm

I will keep this forum informed, but it will include a good number of photo's from that part of Ronnies life.

Welcome to the Forum! That sounds interesting. Do keep us posted. What's the website link?
"Never Say Never mixes mischief and heartbreak, dancing on the bar and crying in your beer, in perfect proportion."
-Bill Flanagan, CBS Sunday Morning
Lynney

Site Admin

Postby Sweet Lady Laney » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:32 am

Wahey, I mention Ronnie Lane fifty times and I'm a babe!

Any time, dear boy, DO keep me posted about the Passing Show thing, it sounds terribly interesting - however, me being me, all things Laney related tend to keep me riveted for hours and hours!

Don't worry about getting my name wrong. Everyone calls me Spev anyway. And I can barely say that when I'm drunk...

Which is quite frequently... For example now.

Sweet Lady Laney

Postby Passing Show Man » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:22 pm

:) First of all can I say a big hello to Lynney thanks for the posting, and I will keep you upto date with the Passing Show feature as it goes online. I am set to meet with the person concerned in about 3 weeks time, he was a key figure with the show and has a good number of photo's etc. Its so important that the Passing Show be remembered it was I think a milestone in our great mans career.

Now a massive hello to SpevXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No chance of saying Sweet Lady etc had to have a drink stressfull day at work, yet again got Tin and Tambourine on the CD GOD!! How Come live just bliss!!, will keep you informed about the Passing Show feature, plus there are other moves afoot but have been sworn to secrecy about those, we have got to keep the mans legacy alive, hope you don't think I ramble too much!!

Cheers to the man have a drink on me where ever you are plonk :D
Passing Show Man

Postby Passing Show Man » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:23 pm

:) Forgot to say hello Babe sorry Sweet Lady!!
Passing Show Man

Postby Sweet Lady Laney » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:15 pm

Passing Show Man wrote:I am set to meet with the person concerned in about 3 weeks time, he was a key figure with the show and has a good number of photo's etc.

*gasp* I KNOW WHO IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE was a key figure in the show, and he'll have LOADS of photos of that time!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW Ronnie was still with us!!!!!

*dances for joy* Mr Passing Show Man dear boy - OOOOOOOOHHH!!!!
:kisscheek: Oooh, I'm a happy Spev once more!!!

Sweet Lady Laney

Return to Ronnie Lane