Kentish Town

Kentish Town

Postby Rocktour » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 am

Hi. Am doing a Ronnie Lane feature on the Robert Elms Show this week (Wed, so short notice sorry) but does anyone have the address - or at least the street name - in Kentish lane where RL and Boo Oldfield lived before he went to the US? Any of the twickenham addresses would also be useful, especially where he lived in early 80s after returning from Fishpool
Rocktour

Re: Kentish Town

Postby mcnarie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 am

Hi, I got your email and I've sent a message to Boo already to see how detailed I can be with info regarding the Kentish Town address. I should have something for you within a few hours- she and I correspond frequently.

As for Twickenham- of course, he lived in the guest house at the Wick (Wood bought the big house, Ronnie bought the smaller 'guest' house) before leaving for Wales. After he left, Keith Richards was exiled in the guest house, purportedly leaving after burying a substantial amount of god-knows-what on the grounds. Townshend owns the Wick now.

Prior to that, his Twickenham/Richmond address is the nice little place Billy Nicholls had which he loaned to Ronnie for a period. The interior was painted with a sky and cloud motif by none other than Mike McInnerney, who did the Tommy cover and from whom Ronnie got the lovely Kate.This was prior to the Wick, and Rosslyn Road pops into my head but I have no idea if that's the right road. Damned close, of course, but... Rupert Williams would know. Lemme ask him and I'll let ya know.

From the Wick to Wales, then back to London- that timeframe is a mess, when he came back to London up til when he moved in with Boo. I've asked Rupe. From Boo to Houston, to Austin, to Trinidad.

More to follow- and I'll email the more detailed answer.
mcnarie

Site Admin

Re: Kentish Town

Postby ImTheDrummer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Greetings from a first-time poster...
I've been watching this page too see what help was extended to rocktour on the special she was working on; anything?
I don't know about everyone else, but I've been wanting for a long time to know how Boo is getting on. Did she move from the flat in Kentish Towne? Her kids must be grown now; is she in good health and doing all right.
Here's a girl that should be on the mind of anyone who liked Ronnie... She was in the most real way an angel of mercy at a critical moment for him and she not only was instrumental in raising a million or more, but she had to have done things that only a nurse would have otherwise.
Must be a wonderful human being and a great friend.
ImTheDrummer

Return to Ronnie Lane