'FIVE GUYS' BOX SET - Post discussion here

Postby mcnarie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:31 am

The tile and ad have been off-site at overstock for a week- I forgot to compile numbers to list here. Sorry, I should be able to compile numbers in a few days. Sales were good, though, particularly when the tile was high-tide. I love all these dumb work phrases- you have no idea what I'm saying, but I'm sure you get the gist.

To all you auction buggers out there: go to auctions.overstock.com and get in on the next big thingy. I think it's a great system, and the company I work for did it. I wouldn't mention it were I not proud of it, and it hasn't officially launched yet. Get the good usernames!
mcnarie

Site Admin

NEW MAC INTERVIEW

Postby moptop » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:08 pm

I just found this. Apparently there is enough success in regards to "Five Guys", that a whole list of releases are being planned.

Very Kool............yea us. Good job MAC.

http://www.jambands.com/Features/conten ... 0.02.phtml

Hey Dave, did you ever get any numbers from soundscan????
moptop

Postby Julie » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:50 am

More CDs........a DVD :D :D :D

Thanks for the link, enjoyed reading the interview. More good stuff to come thanks to Mac :cheers:
Julie

Postby ruby » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:16 pm

Thanks MopTop...

Did I read that Mac is considering a Faces DVD... :?: :!: :P
ruby

Postby mcnarie » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:26 am

DVDs aren't a happy topic with Mac- Faces currently own no rights to any video material that could be released. Plenty of people are working on it-- I know Rhino/Warners wants to release DVDs, and are trying to work out rights issues without leaving the band in the cold; also, the last concert with Laney in London is one of their best performances, and it's on video as well... I know Robert Matheu at CREEM would love to get rights and release it on his imprint.
mcnarie

Site Admin

DVD

Postby Bruce Moffatt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:31 am

The London concert with Ron Lane is my favorite, with Sounds for Saturday
a very close second.
The so called last show with Keith is ok, but the stings and Rod's ass wigling
get on my nerves.

Would like to see the Roundhouse show in complete form since all I have is
bits and pieces from Faces history video.
Let's hope, a truly classic era.

Again much thanks to Mac for his hard work and dedication on the box-set
and hopefully future Faces releases.

B
Bruce Moffatt

Postby mcnarie » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:24 pm

What is commonly lauded as the LAST FACES CONCERT is not, as you know. I can't bear to watch it, as the band is on a huge stage, and they have no relationship as people, much less friends. They seem awkward puppets in their own misguided scheme. That's how the Faces ended, on a bum note. I don't need a video reminding me of that. I don't go to funerals, as I have too much respect for the corpse.

I remember them when they were alive, and that's the best friendship I'll ever get.
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:49 am

mcnarie wrote:What is commonly lauded as the LAST FACES CONCERT is not, as you know. I can't bear to watch it, as the band is on a huge stage, and they have no relationship as people, much less friends. They seem awkward puppets in their own misguided scheme. That's how the Faces ended, on a bum note. I don't need a video reminding me of that. I don't go to funerals, as I have too much respect for the corpse.

I remember them when they were alive, and that's the best friendship I'll ever get.

I dread to imagine what it must have looked like - it was painful enough being at the last London gig seeing the fragmentation of relationships and hearing it via the music. The records are the legacy for me, though sadly they WERE a live band. As for funerals, ritual is a very important part of life for me, and it's important for me to participate in some form of closure.

Re: 'FIVE GUYS' BOX SET - Post discussion here

Postby Matstejen » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

I recently bought the box set and was surprised to find 10 Stewart/Wood solo tunes and 8 doubled versions of Faces tunes (and a tripled Miss Judy´s Farm!). Does anybody know why these were preferred, at the expense of 10 tunes from the original Faces albums plus possibly more previously unissued tunes?
Matstejen

Previous

Return to 'FIVE GUYS' Discussion