Get Well Wishes for Tom Wright

Get Well Wishes for Tom Wright

Postby Lynney » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:22 am

Dear Faces Fans,

Tom Wright recently suffered a heart attack and is recovering from bypass surgery at his home in Michigan. I am collecting get well wishes from the fans to send some cheer Tom's way. You can post your messages here or send me an email/pm.

**Please post or email your messages by Sunday, November 13th. Be sure to include your name and location (city/state/country) with your message.

You may know that Tom is an old pal and world renowned rock & roll photographer who toured with The Faces, The Who, and Rolling Stones among others.

Lynne

Visit http://www.tomwrightphotography.com to read Tom's story and view a selection of his work.

Tom Wright studied photography in London in the early sixties and spent several years in Europe supporting himself through freelance work he did for artists. In 1967, he went on his first rock & roll tour and for the next thirty years, traveled with many bands including The Who, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Joe Walsh, Fabulous Thunderbirds, J.D. Souther, Patsy Torres, Firefall and many others.

What makes the work unique is that he was not a rock photographer sent by the record company or magazine to get a quick shot of this or that band- but rather, he was someone who was already with the band and the perspective of the work is from the inside looking out, which is why there are more shots back stage than on stage- his photographs are the real thing.

The Tom Wright Collection is housed at the Center for American History at the University of Texas in Austin and is available for research. Original prints have sold at Christie's, and Sotheby's auctions and occasionally in private galleries.
Last edited by Lynney on Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynney

Site Admin

Postby Lynney » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:52 am

Hope everyone spotted this thread. I've received some nice messages from the Who Fans on the Grid, but unfortunately no Faces fans have contributed yet.

Dave? Anyone? .....just a little note would be nice. I'm planning to send the package to Tom early next week. You can post your message here or email/pm it to me.
Lynney

Site Admin

Postby mcnarie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am

Just noticed it, thanks to your email... I've been surrounded by death of late, so it will be very nice to write something right to Wright, who just gave the eternal big finger to Ol Man Death.

EVERYBODY needs to say something on this. Tom Wright is one of the most important faces in music, much less the Faces... without him being an art student with Pete Townshend, and being kicked out of the UK for a miniscule amount of pot (thus leaving Trousers to "inherit" his voluminous record collection), where would the Who, much less ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL, be?

Tom was the sixth Face, alongside many of the Detroit Mafia Brotherhood that first kidnapped and then helped push our band like a runaway train muthufucka. To say he was the official band photographer is like saying Mal Evans or Neil Aspinall were simply Beatles flunkies.

This guy is a Great Wizard in the Legends of Rock, and we all need to say a big "HELLO AND GET WELL"!

Lynne- Do we post them here, or do we email them to you?
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby Lynney » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:25 am

Thanks Dave! You can either post them here on the forum or email them to me. I'm also sending a get-well package along with the messages that I plan to mail off early this week. So, I need the get-well notes by this Sunday, Nov 13th. So far, only Who fans have participated, and it would be nice to have some Faces fans contribute as well.
Lynney

Site Admin

Postby mcnarie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:57 am

Dammit, folks, that's it. This is the FACES site, god-double-dammit. If we cannot , as an individual or group, support Tom right now, this site is permanently proved worthless.

I'm writing my letter. How bout you?!

Give Tom a "Shot of Love" (to quote McZimmy) and do it NOW.

If your letter to Tom is too personal to post here, PM it to Lynney. If so, please at least post here that you did so. This is a group effort and, so far, this site shows a major lack of support.

Let's fix it now.
mcnarie

Site Admin

Postby Lynney » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:05 am

Thanks to everyone who emailed me their messages. I will be mailing the get-well package today.
Lynney

Site Admin

Return to Tell Everyone